Friday 10 December 2010

Moodboard Magazine Covers


I created a mood board of a variation of magazine covers to widen my knowledge of what my type of musics magazine look like. As you see they all have that certain 'cool' touch to them, that certain factor that defines weather there a big Hip-Hop artist or if there a small Hip-Hop artist therefore already i have decided i need my magazine to create this factor when a audience member looks at it. As you see in a non-racist way it is normally a black guy who leads the Hip=Hop scenes or magazines; there our expectations such as 'Eminem' who is 1 of the biggest rappers in the world and is white. But due to the factors of how common it is to have a black person withi9n the magazine cover i have decided again to have me at the front cover. My skin colour is mixed between white and black which makes me half black therefore created that sort of mixed magazine cover as it is not all black vibes from the front cover it has also white vibes. As you see none of the artist on my page at all smile towards the camera at any way; this is because they portray a sort of 'gangster' reputation and smiling on the front cover would destroy this therefore another decision i have made is for there to be no smiling within my final cover of my magazine to create the realistic common factors which a normal magazine would create. Its all about the artist within the magazine cover and as you see on all the magazine covers it has the whole main artist mostly filling the page making most the magazine cover to rely on the artist popularity to draw the audiencee in. Overall i have learnt a lot from making this moodboard and also i believe i did the mood board up to a high stand which makes me pleased of my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment