Sunday 13 March 2011

Feedback for Drafts (audience)

I needed to get some feedback from the drafts I made and from people who will say what they liked about it and what they dislike about it. I had 3 drafts; 1 front cover draft, 1 content page draft and 1 double page spread draft. I wanted to find a easy way to get feedback without using a questionnaire as I have already done that in the project; so I thought why not get 3 people who know me well who will give me honest and truthful thinking so I decided to ask my mum (about the front cover), my best mate jordan tibbles(about the content page) and my nan (about the double page spread)as I know they will give me honest feedback about my work as they want the best for me.

Mum

'I love the picture you have got on the draft as it is very emotional and gives that effect onto the audience that the article within the magazine is real emotion. I love the layout of where all the writting is within the page it looks professional and looks like you have done a lot of thought within where you will place certain titles and key text. A bad thing about the writting is the colour reacts with the colour of the background and the picture making it hard to read; this is 1 thing i would recommand you change when you do your final as i would as a audience reader want to see and be able to read the titles and text on the front page with ease. I love mostly everything on it but the main thing i do not long on the draft page is the colour of the background; in my view it makes the draft look un-professional and just not got the the image of the picture. But overall if you change those 2 factors within the front page it will be a very good and high standard front magazine page. :)'. 

This was sent to me via email from my mum as i sent her the draft and asked her to reply with her feedback here is a screen shot of the email; again this adds different types of technology using the internet which i am doing:

SCREEN SHOT OF EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan Tibbles

I love the whole layout of this draft it just looks tottally professional and just gives that feel that a lot of time and effort has gone into it. I love the way you have the page numbers of certain key things which are in the magazine all along the side as it gives that feel of orginaliality which to me is very good as you are not following the crowd with yoru ideas. The pictures as we know were took by yourself and it just shows the time and effort you put into this by having to get your friends to for example set they dj set up etc. The picture quaility is very good and follows the hip-hop theme which needs to be continued all the way through the magazine. All the text on it is the correct size for the reader to be able to read it easily and simplily therefore making it overall better and more effective. The only bad factor i have about the content page is the colour of yellow text all the way through for the titles and certain important text within the page; i belive you need a darker colour which catchs the audience attention more then just yellow; i recommond red or black just my thought but overall this is a very good contents page and i would be happy to pay for a magazine which is this high quaility.

This was sent via inbox on facebook as i sent him the draft via a facebook message with the picture and asked him to reply to me saying what he thought about it here is a screen shot of the facebook message; again this adds different types of technology using the internet which i am doing.




Nan

The layout to this is simple and easy which i like because i can just focus on reading the information without my eyes lending of to different bits on the page which catch my eye; therefore i can give 100% to the information allowing me to take it all in easier. The title in my view needs to be a little bit bigger to catch my eye more as it is important for a title to stand out within the page and with the title at the moment it does not catch my eye enough for it to be effective. I do like the text colour use on this page as it allows me to know easily which are the questions and which are the answers as there is a variation between the colours love that idea. The pictures on the page are perfect as again showing the emotion of unhappiness all over the page keeping the theme of the whole article which is very effective as it actually makes the reader feel sorry for him more as picture express emotion which is added by the writting overall making it better. 1 bad thing about the text is that in my view there is a little too much which just makes the page look a bit boring as it is just full of imformation; i would say take some writting of the 2nd page at the bottom and add the magazine logo as it carrys on the theme of each page, as thoughout the other pages have had it on therefore i think it needs to be on this page to keep a continue layout and theme.

She told discused this with me and i took notes of what she said then i wrote up what she say and what we discused about.

No comments:

Post a Comment